Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Lunch: Quinoa Salad

In school today for some summertime IT training! Packed in my Planetbox Shuttle: make-ahead quinoa salad, grapes and lentil chips. I am finding I enjoy dividing up the littler compartment with the dipper  container. I can pack right-sized portions of a fruit and a treat.


The quinoa salad is super-easy. I keep several varieties of canned beans flash-frozen in the freezer, which makes it even easier. Just cook 1 cup of dried quinoa as directed on the package and let it cool. Meanwhile, get four jars and put about 3 spoonfuls of salad dressing in each. When the quinoa has cooled, divide it up, stir and toss in 1/2 cup beans of your choosing. That's it! On eating day, just put some greens in your lunch container, dump on your quinoa salad and go!

No comments:

Post a Comment